Older Scarpa Omega's?

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
no avatar
Up2zmtns

Older Scarpa Omega's?

by Up2zmtns » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:28 pm

I was hunting at the local gear consignment shop the other day, and came across some older Scarpa mountaineering boots. At first glance they had a very similar shape to current Scarpa Omegas (red double boot).

I am curious if Scarpa has an older model of Omegas, these were black with gold around the ankle. Rear welt, no front. Lightweight, double boot. Liner only had mondo sizing.

Are these old Omegas? If not, any guesses? I can't find any pictures that look like them online.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Snowy

by Snowy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:51 pm

Sound like the Scarpa Alpha's; they do have a toe welt, and lightweight is subjective, but...
Try a google image search for Scarpa Alpha.

no avatar
Up2zmtns

by Up2zmtns » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:56 pm

those are the ones! thanks a lot! guess I overlooked the front welt :lol:

anyone still using these boots? I've currently got Invernos that are just a bit too clunky, and I'm thinking about picking these up. I would love to hear what ya'll think of them.

no avatar
Up2zmtns

by Up2zmtns » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:03 pm

I'd be using them for moderate ice (3/4/5) as well as multiday mountaineering in CO, possibly even for Whitney/Rainer in the near future. I know there are ton's of SP'ers that will recommend some super sick sportiva boots but I don't have $400 for boots. Someday.

Appreciate any replies.

gilbo

Alphas

by gilbo » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:28 pm

I still use them. I have tried some lighter? wt single boots, but keep coming back to the Alphas. I Have used them up to 4 ice, some light mixed, general mountaineering, snowshoeing, and Rainer, Hood and winters in the NE.

sshankle

by sshankle » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:06 pm

Up2zmtns wrote:I'd be using them for moderate ice (3/4/5) as well as multiday mountaineering in CO, possibly even for Whitney/Rainer in the near future.

Alphas are fine for this...

Return to Gear