3 days trek on Hochschwab and Häuselalm hut

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
visentin

3 days trek on Hochschwab and Häuselalm hut

by visentin » Thu May 06, 2010 9:55 am

I'm trying to find informations about this hut. Looks like it's not open full time.
Did anyone sleep in it, and is there any phone number ?
Last edited by visentin on Mon May 10, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

visentin

by visentin » Thu May 06, 2010 11:13 am

Havala Borut !

visentin

by visentin » Mon May 10, 2010 1:09 pm

As I was in Austria last week end I bought a couple of maps including the Rax area and the Hochschwab.
I'm particularly interested in the Hochschwab despite it's slightly more distant; it's not a high mountain but it seems to be a very beautiful and interesting massif.
As I studied the map I wondered how this mountain could be visited during 2 or 3 days, visiting all interesting features on it (tops, lakes, beautiful spots).
Any suggestions ?

Ski Mountaineer

by Ski Mountaineer » Mon May 10, 2010 1:20 pm

you can traverse it in 3 days. Bodenbauer --> Schiestlhaus --> Sonnschienhütte --> Polster --> Präbichl.
Hochschwab has lost quite a bit of its wild character, but it is still a beautiful tour, particularly in late summer and fall.
The lower northern parts (around wildalpen) may be less touched, I am not sure. Seckauer Alpen, albeit different in character, I prefer to it. Alternatively you can hike from Eisenerzer Reichenstein to Admonter Reichenstein in 2 days or so. Popular "insider" route

Peter

visentin

by visentin » Mon May 10, 2010 1:46 pm

Ski Mountaineer wrote:you can traverse it in 3 days. Bodenbauer --> Schiestlhaus --> Sonnschienhütte --> Polster --> Präbichl.
Hochschwab has lost quite a bit of its wild character, but it is still a beautiful tour, particularly in late summer and fall.
The lower northern parts (around wildalpen) may be less touched, I am not sure. Seckauer Alpen, albeit different in character, I prefer to it. Alternatively you can hike from Eisenerzer Reichenstein to Admonter Reichenstein in 2 days or so. Popular "insider" route
Peter

My Rother walking guide shows me 8h45 from Bodenbauer to Seeweisen, plus a longer variant more on the ridge and via Häuselalm. I was thinking about a trip like :
1 : Seeweisen - Häuselalm via the top
2 : Häuselalm - Sonnschienhütte - Ebenstein - Grüner See (Oberort) - Boderbauer
3 : Boderbauer - Voisthaler - Seeweisen - Wroclaw
Perhaps it is a bit too much... you opinion ? the idea is to pick a week-end with stable good weather during summer long days. I'm a good walker
I was also wondering if it is wiser to park in Boderbauer or Seeweisen ; just for a very pragmatic reason, I need to leave the car in safe place, if possible cheap, or better, free. Any suggestions welcome...

Return to Europe