Front range books?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
Luciano136

Front range books?

by Luciano136 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:15 pm

Any good books on the CO Front Range peaks? I mainly would like something with a short description and a map. For CA, I have TOPO but I don't have anything else on CO besides the online info. Is there still an online site that offers free TOPO maps?

brenta

Re: Front range books?

by brenta » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:19 am

I'm not aware of a guidebook that covers all of the Front Range. There are books that cover the Front Range among other areas. Roach's fourteener and thirteener guidebooks, and Cooper's scrambling and snow climb guides are in this first category. There are then books that cover in depth sections of the Front Range. Roach's Indian Peak Guide, Foster's RMNP hiking/scrambling guide as well as Rossiter's and Gillett's climbing guides fall in this category. All of the above are good books for their intended use.
There's a "Front Range Top Ropes" and a series of books on Front Range bouldering, but those don't seem the books you are looking for.

Return to Colorado