Osprey backpacks

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
Norman

Osprey backpacks

by Norman » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:53 am

http://www.ospreypacks.com/CustomerServ ... yGuarantee

Osprey is generous with their warranty this year. If you have any gear with problems from them you might check this link to see what they will do for you. I have an Osprey Atmos 65 that has some wear and tear, no more than expected for this light pack, but I was missing one ice axe hook on top. Filled out the parts form and they sent me a new one free. But it sounds like they will do much more to keep people happy. Nice company.

The following user would like to thank Norman for this post
RokIzGud

no avatar
DanTheMan

Re: Osprey backpacks

by DanTheMan » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:25 am

Not just this year. I dropped my Argon off a cliff and mangled the internal frame. They replaced it for me.

no avatar
Wisdom

by Wisdom » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:39 am

I like that company. I've got two Aether 85's that my son and I use, and an Ariel 65 that my daughter uses. I moved from two external frame packs (a Sears Hillary III and a Kelty Radial-Lite Cirque) to that Osprey Aether, and I'm pretty happy about the move! Very happy to see that they provide outstanding support to their products! The Osprey is ~2 lbs lighter than the Kelty and has a larger volume. I would likely still be using the Kelty if I could have found a larger hip belt, so product life cycles suck... But I do like that Osprey!

- Wisdom

Dow Williams

by Dow Williams » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Osprey makes light packs with essential elements for folks serious about big objectives and thus weight of every item they carry while on a climb.... despite the weight savings....they back their product (no pun intended) to the hilt with a full warranty....all at a price half of the boutique companies like dead bird, etc, who sell most of their packs to folks in large cities who are trained to think the more they spend, the better climber they will become.

no avatar
bearbreeder

by bearbreeder » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:08 pm

got a mutant 38 ... thing is pretty tough ... i dont hesitate to use it and abuse it as osprey will repair it to a usuable status .... might not gimme a new pack, but itll be bandaged up so that i can abuse it some more ...

god i love abusing live birds ...

zachary_dc

by zachary_dc » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:29 pm

Yeah its pretty nice.

Its called the ALL MIGHTY GUARANTEE
ANY REASON, ANY PRODUCT, ANY ERA

Doesn't matter, they will repair or replace it free of charge.

Return to Gear