Three days lost on Mt San Jacinto in blizzard

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
nvskier1

Re: Three days lost on Mt San Jacinto in blizzard

by nvskier1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:28 am

I have no problem with solo travel....I have no problem travelling thru a storm.... I don't carry a GPS or a PLB (ever)......I did read the full report and was left absolutely speechless with this man's stupidity....(one thing to temporarily lose your bearings, but this "skier" lost his skis overnight, I guess it never occured to him that it was snowing and they might get buried???? really???)....sometimes the lesson to be learned is that this person simply did not not belong in the mountains....perhaps he should have recognized his complete lack of mountain sense and avoided putting others in danger......Some might see this as an opportunity to learn but I can only see it as an unprepared, selfish, delusional individual who would best stay down in the flatlands until he is ready to be self sufficient ......thank goodness mother nature is not PC and doesn't feel the need to make everyone feel "good" about themselves and their mistakes....

Previous

Return to California