Gores pub

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
Castlereagh

Gores pub

by Castlereagh » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:31 am

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Gores are getting a lot more exposure and publicity here and on 14ers.com lately? I remember last year when I was looking for info on Mt. Powell; Aaron Johnson's route description here was great, detailed, and more than enough info to get me to the top...but I could barely find any recent beta in TR's and the like. Since then I feel like I've seen a bunch of great, detailed TR's on all sorts of peaks in the Gores. I wonder if , for better or for worse, the area could get a whole lot more popular over the next few years, especially as more and more people finish their 14ers and even the centennial 13ers.

Mountainscott

Re: Gores pub

by Mountainscott » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:57 pm

I may have contributed to this by writing about the Gores recently: http://www.outtherecolorado.com/Camping/gore-range-near-the-interstate-but-so-very-far-from-home.html

chicagotransplant

by chicagotransplant » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:09 pm

So far they aren't any more crowded to visit, aside from the usual trail popularity. I still have only shared a Gore summit once with someone outside of my climbing group. There definitely are more people becoming interested in the peaks in the Gore, and some of them are posting more TRs.

I rarely post any TRs for anywhere these days, but have always typically avoided posting TRs for stuff in Eagles Nest and Holy Cross Wilderness areas. I don't know why, I guess its the stuff close to home and I like to keep it more to myself :P

Foxy Long Bottoms

by Foxy Long Bottoms » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:59 pm

We have ways to make you talk Mike. :-)

I remember when Theron Welch's (sp?) site and the Kramasic book were pretty much the only ways to get good info on the Gores. I don't get out there as much as I'd like too but the times that I have, I've still enjoyed solitude.

chicagotransplant

by chicagotransplant » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:30 pm

Foxy Long Bottoms wrote:We have ways to make you talk Mike. :-)

I remember when Theron Welch's (sp?) site and the Kramasic book were pretty much the only ways to get good info on the Gores. I don't get out there as much as I'd like too but the times that I have, I've still enjoyed solitude.

You should see the 12ers I did in HCW this weekend! Remember when we were on Holy Cross a loooong time ago eyeing those rugged peaks to the SW and wondering what they were? (yep, finally climbed 'em) 8)

Kane

by Kane » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:01 am

The Lime Creek Twelvers? Love to see a TR.

chicagotransplant

by chicagotransplant » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:56 pm

Kane wrote:The Lime Creek Twelvers? Love to see a TR.

I might have to do that, I don't think there is really anything out there TR wise on these guys yet...

Return to Colorado