Walker's Haute Route - Favorite Section?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
qwimjim

Walker's Haute Route - Favorite Section?

by qwimjim » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:44 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum for this kind of question since it's about hiking, but just curious, those who've hiked the haute route in the summer.. what was your favorite section? I'm unable to do more than one overnight at a time. I was thinking the section from Cabane Mont Fort to Arolla via Col Termin with an overnight at Cabane de Prafleur looked interesting, but I have no idea. So were there any particular sections that were the highlight of your trip?

Thanks!

no avatar
qwimjim

Re: Walker's Haute Route - Favorite Section?

by qwimjim » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:43 pm

Guess it wasn't the right forum :)

no avatar
Flachlandtiroler

by Flachlandtiroler » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:43 am

IMHO the favourite sections of the walkers haute route usually are the side trips :wink:

E.g.: Visit Bertol hut, Tracuit hut, Barrhorn, ...

no avatar
qwimjim

by qwimjim » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:20 pm

Flachlandtiroler wrote:IMHO the favourite sections of the walkers haute route usually are the side trips :wink:

E.g.: Visit Bertol hut, Tracuit hut, Barrhorn, ...

Thanks, I have to say it's overwhelming.. there are just so many option it's really difficult to narrow things down. The Bertol hut looks really interesting. I was thinking of hiking from Zinal up to Cabane du Grand Mountet, is Cabane de Tracuit a better option?

I started a thread with my itinerary, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all the options, if you have a minute I'd love it if you could take a look and let me know what you think: http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB3/switzerland-3-week-hiking-itinerary-need-help-t67430.html

Return to Europe