My family (2 adults,2 teenagers) are planning a multi-day hike in the Stubai Alps in mid Aug. We are reasonably experienced hikers (we did a multi-day trek in the Dolomites last year), but not experts by any means. We have developed a draft itinerary which is as follows:
- Park at Mutterbergalm and hike up to Dresdner Hut
- Hike from Dresdner Hut to Sulzenau Hut (spend night)
- Hike from Sulzenau Hut to Nürnberger Hut
- Hike from Nürnberger Hut to Bremer Hut (spend night).
- Hike from Bremer Hut to Innsbrucker Hut (spend night).
- Hike down from Innsbrucker Hut to Neder
- Catch bus from Neder back to Mutterbergalm
Would appreciate your thoughts on this, in particular:
1. Do days 1 to 3 look manageable? Especially day 2?
2. What do you think of this section of the Stubai Alps compared to the others?
3. We had also considered the Alderweg - was wondering how you would compare the two in terms of scenery and walking enjoyment?
many thanks in advance for your help, Vijay