Volcanic Seven Summits, anyone done it before?

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
no avatar
ibelieveindevil

Volcanic Seven Summits, anyone done it before?

by ibelieveindevil » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:20 am

i am just wondering... many people have done the seven summits, and one has disputed claims on whether he done the second seven summit, but it seems to be that according to this page: http://www.summitpost.org/volcanic-seven-summits/171202, it is easier to do the volcanic summit than the normal contiental summit.

infact, only 1 of them seems teachnically harder (Ojos del Salado).... however i tried to find more infomation about this challenge, and realised that it seems to be no official record shows that someone has done the all seven summits. a Further pinpoint would be Sidley, a mountain that is very rarely climbed., and possibly Asia, where is it hard to determine if the Kunlun Ashi is indeed consider a volcanic mountain, in which it was never climbed.

Anyway just wondering if anyone has really done the challenge or trying to do the challenge, and have more details regarding the kunlun Vulken and the Sidley and the Giluwe

Scott
Forum Moderator

Re: Volcanic Seven Summits, anyone done it before?

by Scott » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:37 am

Anyway just wondering if anyone has really done the challenge or trying to do the challenge, and have more details regarding the kunlun Vulken and the Sidley and the Giluwe

I don't know about the other two, but I do have a friend that has climbed Giluwe. It's an easy ascent, but Papua New Guinea does have safety issues in recent decades.

I have two descriptions of the Giluwe climb.

Return to General