Room in Horský Hotel Králova Strudňa, in my opinion Slovakia's worse mountain hut, and probably the worse I have ever seen in my life...

Room in Horský Hotel Králova Strudňa, in my opinion Slovakia's worse mountain hut, and probably the worse I have ever seen in my life...

Room in Horský Hotel Králova Strudňa, in my opinion Slovakia's worse mountain hut, and probably the worse I have ever seen in my life...
visentin
on Feb 19, 2009 6:24 am
Image Type(s): Hiking,  Scenery,  Panorama
Image ID: 491277

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-12 of 12
yatsek

yatsek - Feb 20, 2009 6:50 am - Hasn't voted

Ha ha

Try staying at the old type PTSM (branch of the YHA) hut if they still exist in Poland:)

andreeacorodeanu

andreeacorodeanu - Feb 20, 2009 7:06 am - Hasn't voted

what?

this u say is the worse hut???? this is a nice hotel hahahahah!!!! What u will say about romanian huts lol!!!

visentin

visentin - Feb 20, 2009 8:11 am - Hasn't voted

Re: what?

I stayed in Cabana Alpina in Pasul Rotunda in the Rodnei, the standard was better ! You should really see this place to know what I'm talking about (more about hygiena than equipments in fact..)

andreeacorodeanu

andreeacorodeanu - Feb 20, 2009 9:26 am - Hasn't voted

Re: what?

Come to some huts from Fagaras mountains or others where u will find huts without electricity, water, the toillete is outside and look yacs and bads are really dirty i allwais take my sleepingbag, dirty everywhere and after this we will talk again hahahahahah.We have and ok huts but the standards are farraway from the others countries, sad but true. Cheers!

visentin

visentin - Feb 20, 2009 9:30 am - Hasn't voted

Re: what?

In this case you are talking about another type of huts, huts without electricity & toilets exist in every mountain from a certain altitude or remoteness ! This slovak one is supposed to be a "hotel", it's not at 2500m of height that's why it shocked me :)
Don't worry for the comparison with western Europe, Romanian huts have really nothing to be ashamed about compared for example to some huts in Spain ! And I'd really like to hike the Fagaras. The huts tehre Peterbud took photos look to me very fine indeed ;)

yatsek

yatsek - Feb 21, 2009 4:57 am - Hasn't voted

Re: what?

Why not build your own hut?

yatsek

yatsek - Feb 21, 2009 5:33 am - Hasn't voted

Re: what?

To Andreea,
No electricity, not to mention TV:) is OK!!! The dirt and lack of lock in the toilet (typical of the campsites of e.g. E Slovakia:)) aren't, I agree. BTW Last summer, I was at the hairdresser's and I heard a man, about 40, telling the woman trimming his hair he was just back from Bucharest, which he was impressed by. In his view, Bucharest looked more like the cities of W Europe, compared to our cities.

andreeacorodeanu

andreeacorodeanu - Feb 21, 2009 12:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: what?

To Yatsek :). Ya i dont like electricty too but the dirty killing me and most guilty are the people that leave all the garbage and destroy huts and rooms from it but sometimes it needs and the man from the hut to do a little cleaning lol. And trust me both of u, we still have old hotels and huts to the base of mountains that look more ugly than this from pictures.
Yes Bucharest is in changing and soon will look really good, we still have problems with the education of the people that forget to drop the garbage in special places not on the street but in rest i can admit its ok now.
Happy climbings in nice and clean places ;)!

HansG

HansG - Feb 21, 2009 1:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: what?

Bucharest? I have seen old Dacia Cinema in Bucharest, old nice building but completely demolished, what happened with this building?still exist? will be reneval?
Near lake Avrig i have seen people, who remove garbage from this place, they have many full ragbag. Bucharest in comparison with Brasov, Sibiu, Sighisoara isn't interesting city, but for me Sibiu is more well-kept than Cracow, and more friendly.
I think that for tourists Romania is most hospitality country in East Europe.
Slovakia has now a problem, because rate of exchange PLN/EURO made for us (polish) this country horrible expensive. When we compared price to last year (before Slovakia aproach Euro Zone) skipass on Chopok (Jasna) cost 50% more. That force us to stay in Poland :)

andreeacorodeanu

andreeacorodeanu - Feb 21, 2009 2:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: what?

Hi Hans! I dont have any idea about that cinema if is still exist but maybe i will pass from there and i will tell u ;). I dont like Bucharest its too big and too many people for me, i hate it so much,(but trust me they make now many changes and look more nice), but here i have my work and now in all the country its a problem to find a place to work and we have problems too i mean all are so expansive and here and we manage so hard sometimes. About Sibiu, the old city is my favourite from Romania :). Cheers

visentin

visentin - Feb 21, 2009 4:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: what?

Same for me when I worked in Paris. That's partly why I moved to polish Wroclaw ! ;)

peterbud

peterbud - Apr 6, 2009 8:33 am - Hasn't voted

Re: what?

By accident I happened to get to this pic and read the comments - I haven't been to Fagaras yet, so there is some mistake here :)

Viewing: 1-12 of 12