Round Tour

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 27.45000°N / 15.61°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From the airport take freeway GC 1 northward to the exit Telde, turn westward onto GC 10 and then in Telde take GC 130 in the direction of Pico de las Nieves. Some 2 km after the intersection with side road to Pico de las Nieves take GC 600 in the direction of Ayacata. Roque Nublo can't be missed: there are lots of signs.

Route Description


Altitude gain: 450m
Duration: 1h 4min
Trailhead: La Goleta

This tour circles around Roque Nublo. It also starts at the parking lot at La Goleta. From here you first take the same ascent up to the intersection. From here you ignore the path up to the plateau descend a little towards another intersection (here the trail from La Culata joins) which you also ignore. The trail starts turning left in a wide turn until you get to a plateau just below Roque Nublo from which you have a very nice view of the western part of Caldera de Tejeda with Roque Bentayga in the center and Altavista de Gran Canaria on the western end of the caldera walls.

The trail now winds back and ascends steeply towards the Tablon del Nublo from the west. From there you descend to La Goleta with "El Fraile" on your right.

Essential Gear


Hiking gear and water!


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.