SOMEWHERE IN THE JIZERSKE HORY

SOMEWHERE IN THE JIZERSKE HORY

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Flora, Scenery, Water

Small and really wild site……..

Grassy ...
Deschampsia...

During my 2009 trekking in the Jizerske Hory, in Czech Republic, I visited some abandoned small quarry of granite. This object is situated almost in the centre of these mountains. People removed from this place all industrial elements used in the past and the quarry now is clean of such things. This “hole” in mountains regenerates and is approaching new natural image. Only nature is here the main actor. At the bottom of the quarry a small pond is developed and it seems to be rather stable and can be a good environment for amphibians. There is here a nice underwater vegetation. Flat surfaces of the quarry are covered by a dense carpet of mosses and shrubs of Vaccinium myrtillus. In the pond and around large granite boulders are scattered. Granite is originally ornamented by large light crystals of feldspar. Some parts of quarry slopes are unstable and eroded by water, others are fixed rocky walls. The quarry is surrounded by a dense spruce forest and in free sites like a ridge of the quarry new young trees grow. Sunny parts are probably visited by reptiles, however, during my visit I did not see anyone. Going to this place from the east we pass Kristianov, a small old settlement of glassworkers. At present it is a historical monument with museum and small cemetery. Next we cross a picturesque brook called Velky Kamenicky potok which flows into the Josefuv Dul Lake. Probably only a few people are doing some visits here.
A scheme map of ...

New images are prepared for this album........

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

 
Related 

Friends

Related objects are relevant to each other in some way, but they don't form a parent/child relationship. Also, they don't necessarily share the same parent.