South - East face (normale route)

South - East face (normale route)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.68120°N / 7.07727°E
Additional Information Route Type: Easy Rock Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Arriving from Rifugio Giacoletti or from Pian del Re, you have to follow the path to Passo del Colonnello, that is a pass situated between Punta Gastaldi and Punta Roma; so you can reach the base of the south – east face.

Route Description


This route starts at 2720 m and stops on the summit of Punta Roma, 3070 m; 350 mt from the base of the mountain. This route is easy but it is necessary to climb with caution.
At the base of the south - east face, you leave the path to Passo del Colonnello and you begin climbing, turning on the right (north); here there’s a vertical step 20 meters height. Then, climbing becomes easy and you reach the final part, that offers some steps of II and is sometimes vertical. On the summit there’s a black statue of the Virgin Mary.

Essential Gear


It is always better to bring a rope and an helmet. With the rain or with the snow it can be dangerous; caution!!

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.