South flank

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.40152°N / 7.88330°E
Additional Information Route Type: easy rock climb
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: L
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Route Description

The normal route from the Weissmiess hut is marked and you follow a small trail north of the hut until you face the Jägihorn wall. Here you start zig-zagging up the rather steep flank until you reach the plateau with a beautiful view over Saas-Fee and the Mischabel group.
Up from the saddle you easy follow the west ridge climbing over big steady rocks until you reach the summit. You need approximately 1,5 - 2 hours from the Weissmies hut up to the summit.

The Jägihorn summit offers you a fantastic view over the majestic Lagginhorn (4010 m) and the neighbouring Fletschhorn. (3996 m) If you reach the summit early, you have the perfect panorama over the many fellow climbers making their way up the north-face of the popular Weissmies (4026 m) to the south.
Up on the summit there is a big iron cross, a visitors log book to sign and lots of space to rest, eat and enjoy life.

Essential Gear

No ice or snow on this route (during July/August). No really exposed sections on this normal route.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
nicowuyts

nicowuyts - Sep 20, 2004 6:07 am - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

The difficulty of this route is not PD, but PE (stands for "Piéton Experimenté" which means experienced hiker).

andre hangaard

andre hangaard - Sep 20, 2004 3:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

N ico! Right you are, it's PE (EB Erfahrener Bergwanderer...) changed! rgds André

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

JägihornRoutes