Strawberry Lake Trailhead

Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Additional Information County: Flathead

Strawberry Lake Trailhead

Trailhead SignStrawberry Lake Trailhead Sign
Strawberry LakeStrawberry Lake, woodscx photo.
View from the trailView along the trail to Strawberry Lake, woodsxc photo
















Area of Access:

The Strawberry Lake Trailhead is best used to access the northern portions of the Jewel Basin.

Getting There:

From State Highway 83 drive to the Swan River School and turn north on to Echo Lake Road to the junction of Foothill Road. After turning east on to Foothill Road continue past the Jewel Basin Road on pavement for approximately 3 miles until reaching the Krause Creek Road (FS# 5390) and the Strawberry Lake Trailhead, Turn right and travel another 3 miles to the trailhead.

At the trailhead begin climbing up Trail # 5 to Strawberry Lake. This trail is not part of the Jewel Basin you may be sharing this trail with mountain bikers, horses and even motorbikes. Trail #5 and Alpine Trail #7 meet at Strawberry Lake. Turn right (south) and head for the Jewel Basin. Alpine Trail #7 travels north from here for another 27 miles to the base of Columbia Mountain and the terminus of the Swan Range.

Trails Access from Strawberry Lake Trailhead:


Trail # 7 with access to Wildcat Lake and the peaks associated with those lakes.

External Links

Map of Jewel Basin


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Swan Range (MT)Trailheads