Via Forca di Lanza

Via Forca di Lanza

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.56670°N / 13.14580°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


We are reached Passo del Cason di Lanza (1552m) through Val Pontebbana. Aproximatly 18 kilometer narrow and on some places steep road. Here try to find sign for path 442a. Look round the abandoned barracks (cassera) and then go trough pine and fir wood.

Route Description


On the marshiness meadow Cjadin di Lance on crossroads we directed right to the Forca di Lanza. The left path going up on Zuc della Guardia and descent over short ferrata Via di Guerra. If you have intention to climb up then i wil prefer direction of slope over Via di Guerra and descent over light path to the basin Cjadin di Lance - but about this on next tour. On saddle Forca di Lanza (1831m) turn to the right over meadov. We are going up to the mulatiera which crossig south slope of Monte Zremula. Walking at hillside over extensive grassy of Zermula enjoy in great view on west Julian Alps with Montassio in foreground. On south Grauzeria and Sernio catch sight of. By small chapell turn right uphill and after some turnes we reach the summit. Now we look also on north side where ridge of Creta di Aip (Trogkofel) raise up. To the top of Monte Zermula we need two hours. Don t run back. Just take one's time and enjoy here.

Essential Gear


Equipment for hiking will be OK.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.