Afella 4043m

Afella 4043m

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 31.05499°N / 7.95135°W
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Winter
Sign the Climber's Log

Location and Approach


Afella lies directly to the west of the Toubkal mountain huts (Nelter and Mouflons). It is a large mountain with complex faces on all sides. The majority of winter lines are found on the imposing south face, which is accessed in approximately 1 hr from the hut by way of a narrow ravine that leads onto the valley separating Akioud and Afella.

The east face (rising directly above the huts) offers several ice climbs in spectacular positions, such as the ice curtain of _Curtain Call_ and the deep ice chimeny that passes through a cave tunnel feature.







Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Central High AtlasMountains & Rocks
 
Toubkal Winter ClimbingMountains & Rocks