Baone Slabs

Baone Slabs

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Multipitch Slab Climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 3-7 (UIAA)
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Arco, drive west 4 KM to the village of Chirano. Park in the middle of the village (small parking lot past the church) and follow the hiking trail signs to the cliffs above the olive orchard.

Route Description


About 10 multipitch slab climbs from easy to moderate in a gorgeous setting above an olive orchard. South facing. The routes on the left side are easier and get harder as you move to the right of the cliff. If you bring a novice climber to Arco, you may want to start them out here before moving to another cliff.

Essential Gear


60m rope and about 10 draws should do the trick. A few pitches demand 9 draws so hand them all over at the belays.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.