Baukogel

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.24288°N / 12.94683°E
Additional Information County: Salzburg
Activities Activities: Hiking, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 7297 ft / 2224 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Baukogel is a 2.224m high summit in Glockner Group, Hohe Tauern. In the lower sections you walk through forest, higher up you have flat Alpine pastures and in the end 3 ridges to the summit (north, east and south). There are no public huts nearby but you can stay in the towns around.
Baukogel is a perfect ski tour as it has slopes with nice declines and is quite secure of avalanches in ‘main winter season’ (December to February).
The area is in the north-east corner of Goldberg Group, on the west side of Rauris Valley with Rauris as main town.

Routes


 
Baukogel, 2.224m
North side

 
Baukogel, 2.224m
North side

From March 978m (Rauris Valley) through forests to Sauschneider Voralm and on the north ridge to the summit. In winter you can also start a ski tour from Triegl 922m to Sauschneider Voralm and on to the north ridge.

From Arling 908m (Rauris Valley) to Flatscheralm 1.280, on to Schrabasalm 1.465m, Penninghofalm 1.505m and via Rosskopf 2.039m on the east ridge to Baukogel.

From Rauris 949m (Rauris Valley) via Gstatter Hochalm 1.675m to the south ridge.

From Gries im Pinzgau 746m or March 978m (Rauris Valley) via Wolfbachvalley and Wangler Hochalm 1.759m to the north ridge.

Accommodation

No Alpine Huts nearby.
Accommodation in the towns of Rauris and Taxenbach.

Getting There

From Salzburg or Carinthia: via Tauern Highway (A10) and B 311 to Gries im Pinzgau or further on L 112 to Rauris Valley.

Maps


Baukogel, 2.224m
At the summit

Alpenvereinskarte, 45/1 Niedere Tauern
1:50.000

Bundesamt für Eich- und Vermessungswesen, 154 Rauris
1:50.000

Freytag & Berndt, WK 193
1:50.000

External Links

Raurisertal
Taxenbach

Weather conditions

Rauris 949m

Red Tape

No Limitations.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Glockner GROUPMountains & Rocks