Berry Mountain Extension

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.52730°N / 76.9316°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Class 1)
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


To get to either end of this extension of the Berry Mountain Trail, follow the directions to Millersburg and/or Woodside Station as the trail is a continuance of the main trail.
Elizabethville end-
-To get to the east side, continue from Millersburg east on route 209 to Elizabethville. In E-ville, turn right at the only stop light and head up the mountain to the quarry. The trail starts right across the road.
-From the east or Interstate 81, take the Williamstown exit and continue east all the way to Elizabethville which is approximately 30 miles. In E-ville, turn left at the only stop light and head up the mountain to the quarry. The trail starts right across the road to the west.

Route Description


This trail extension from the most commonly used Millersburg section of the Berry Mountain Trail is similar in characteristics. It is a lot longer however and from Woodside Station, just east of Millersburg, it is about 8 miles to the quarry in Elizabethville. The trail is well maintained and affords some interesting views of the Lykens Valley. There are some clear cuts around the trail that provide some interesting perspectives. If done from Woodside or the quarry, it would take about 2-3 hours to do this extension one way. It is a beautiful, relatively short hike in a wonderful area of Central Pennsylvania.

Essential Gear


Just bring a few snacks, something to drink, and a camera.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.