Woodside Gap

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.52730°N / 76.9316°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Class1-)
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the directions in the "getting there" section of the main page.

Route Description


This route heads up Woodside Gap from Woodside Station and gives access to the north side of the ridge and also to the Berry Mountain Trail. You'll gain six hundred feet on this old logging road which ascends the north side and descends the south. Most of the hike is limited in views but there is very nice scenery along the route along with lots of wildlife. The trail is very easy and can be done by anyone in reasonable shape. It is about a mile and a half from bottom to top in length. You'll find PA's famous rock eating boots on the road so you'll want some tough hiking shoes and don't wear sneakers if you plan to extend your hike.

Essential Gear


Good hiking boots, water and snacks, and a camera.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.