Butterflies

Butterflies

Page Type Page Type: Album

Knock off that butterfly crap!

Iphiclides podaliriusIphiclides podalirius, the Scarce Swallowtail


There have been times when I have been politely asked to refrain from submitting butterfly pictures to a mountaineering site called summitpost.org, the general assumoption being that a mountaineering site should host pictures of mountains and related stuff only. On SPv1 there was an "off topic" rating when voting on pictures and this readily was used whenever I posted pictures of flowers or wildlife in general. Or was it? Looking over my picture gallery I found that butterflies often made it into the highest ranked spots. This encouraged me to look at the site in general - and sure enough there were quite a number of pictures devoted to the fluttery little critters. And why not? Wildlife is an enjoyable part of the mountaineering experience and butterflies (as well as flowers) are about the most beautiful part of it.

So here it is my butterfly hall of fame - and I want to encourage you to nominate all the other shots that my short research missed.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Apr 20, 2006 10:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: private attach only?

Thanks - I wasn't aware of this flag until now. You never cease to learn :-)

Romuald Kosina

Romuald Kosina - Apr 21, 2006 5:22 pm - Voted 10/10

I saw...

I saw this beautiful world during trekking through high alpine meadows in Alpi Graie!!!!
Album is also excellent!!!
Cheers!!!
Romek

Charles

Charles - Apr 23, 2006 12:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Lovelly

Great stuff!!!

Cheers

Charles

Sajama

Sajama - Apr 27, 2006 10:35 am - Voted 10/10

THanks...

...for attaching. It´s an honour to see my pic in this wonderful album.

Cheers.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Oct 1, 2006 2:08 am - Voted 10/10

Comments in Overview

I agree with you completely and think this album was a great idea. Besides, who hasn't seen a butterfly high above timberline? Don't tell me images of them don't belong on a mountaineering site.

I've posted a few of what I think are my best and may put up some more. I hope they enhance the page.

Prettinuce

Prettinuce - Nov 2, 2009 3:42 am - Hasn't voted

Butterfly/Shutterfly

these are fantastic. I love the butterfly shots. We have had butterfly "guides" on many of our hike in the Albuquerque open space and Sandia Wilderness. To say that these don't pertain to this site is just sour grapes because they didn't get to take these shots!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6