Capitol Lake

Capitol Lake

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

This album is a collection of my photos from my hike to Capitol Lake in August, 2009. I included some but not all of these photos in my trip report Sensory Overload in the Maroon Bells-Snowmass Wilderness. I created this album to organize all of the photos from that hike in one location.

The hike to Capitol Lake is a wonderful dayhike, with stunning scenery from start to finish. Using the Capitol Ditch Trail it is approximately a 6 mile hike to Capitol Lake with roughly 2,000 feet of elevation gain. The Capitol Creek Trail can be used as well (the trailheads are less than a 1/4 mile away from each other). Using the Capitol Creek Trail both out and back will result in having to make a 500 foot climb up from Capitol Creek at the end of the hike.

Besides hiking to Capitol Lake, we also hiked up to the Daly/Capitol saddle. The album includes photos taken from the climber's trail as well as photos taken from the saddle. While the climber's trail is a little steep, the climb to the saddle is well worth it! The views down to Capitol Lake and to the ridgelines beyond are quite beautiful.

To access the trailhead, follow the directions found on the Capitol Peak page.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Gorg - Apr 22, 2010 4:11 pm - Hasn't voted

hey

i was up at capitol lake last august too
i thought i had taken some of those photos
good work!

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Apr 24, 2010 11:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: hey

Pretty incredible scenery. Tough to take a bad pic...

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.