Col Santo

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.83355°N / 11.14992°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mixed
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Located north of massive Pasubio, Col Santo rises round over 2,000 metres. From the top, where a big wooden Cross is placed, you can enjoy an excellent view to 360 °.
Col Santo 2112m belongs to the North- east ridge of the Pasubio group.

Col Santo
View of the North side of Col Santo with chamois

Getting There

From Rovereto ( Trento) drive along SS. n° 46 Pasubio road, this is the natural access to the Vallarsa Valley, then after the S.Colombano bridge go left anf take the SP. n° 50 for trambileno to Giazzera village: the start for the excursions.

Route Description

The trailhead at Col Santo summit can be reached from Giazzera village. We will walk until the path SAT 132 found on the left called " trail ull".
Then you cross the prairies of Monte Pazul and then the the Path SAT 131 until the summit.
Start altitude: 1092m
Summit altitude: 2112m
Type: 3 h along path
Effort: 1020m of altitude gain
Power: 1 - hike


Pasubio
Pasubio
pasubio
Alpe Alba
Alpe Alba

Col Santo
Col Santo

 

Essential Gear

Hiking gear is sufficient
Col Santo
Descending the South side of Col Santo.



Autunno sull'Alpe Alba
Col Santo and Alpe Alba - oil on canvas by Tiziana

External Links




Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.