Detmolder Weg

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.99690°N / 13.28780°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble, easy climb
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy climb, feratta
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Detmolder Weg is a route which leads from Saeuleck to the Schneewinkelspitze and then renames into the South-ridge Detmolder Gratand continues to Hochalmspitze.

Is very nice ridge route and place with very fine view. I will write from Schneewinkelspitze and then to the Saeuleck because if you go in this way you climb the hardest place in ascent.

You ascend to the Schneewinkelspitze from Lassacher Winkelscharte which is approachable from Geissner hute, 2203m from valley Gossgraben. More about ascend to here you can write on page about Schneewinkelspitze.

Route Description


You descend from Schneewinkelspitze few meters and start climbing on the ridge. The ridge is marked and secured well. In some places is very exposed.

The hardest place is when you climb 50 meters in completely vertical wall which is secured with ropes. This place is just before you come to the normal route to Saeuleck.

You can descend by the same route or you descend to the Mallnitzer Scharte and then by south slopes of this ridge (where leads Detmolder Weg) come back to Geissner hut.

You can descend from Saeuleck after normal route to the A. v. Schmidt Haus, 2272m.

Essential Gear


Rope, helmet and good hiking shoes.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
damgaard

damgaard - Sep 20, 2008 10:57 am - Hasn't voted

Gear

Hi Bor I just returned from the Reisseck group including a trip to Säuleck. Regarding gear for the Detmolder Weg (I think it is called Detmolder Steig on some of the sign posts up there), I would say Via ferrate gear (klettersteig equipment) is more useful than rope. There are cables on all difficult sections that can be easily used for via ferrate slings. Helmet is not that needed, but off course always a smart thing to have. ciao Jesper

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

SaeuleckRoutes