Dizin ski area

Dizin ski area

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 36.01380°N / 51.42180°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Trad Climbing, Sport Climbing, Ice Climbing, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 12205 ft / 3720 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Dizin ski resort is the largest of the 7 ski resorts around Tehran. It is located on the northern & north-western slopes of Mt. Seechal. The 14km Shemshak-Dizin road will take you to the upper parking area (3250m) of the Dizin ski resort. The base of the resort is at the elevation of 2700m and the top is at 3650m. There are 4 gondola lines, 2 chair lifts and 7 drag lifts in this resort. There are also two 3-star hotels at the base, and 2 restaurants in the middle of the mountain. One of them is called Chalet restaurant (3150m) and the other one is called Chaman (grass) restaurant (3050m). They may open another restaurant on the summit. The longest run from top to the bottom is about 6km.
Middle part

Looking east

One gondola line goes from Chalet restaurant to the summit. Another gondola line goes from the base to Chaman restaurant. Another one goes from the base to Chalet restaurant. The other gondola line goes from the base to the upper parking area.
Chalet restaurant

A view from the upper parking area

Mid section

When you are on the top, the view is so spectacular that you want to spend more time enjoying the scenery than skiing. Most of the central Alborz is visible including Mt. Damavand (5671m) and Takhte-Soleiman massif with Alamkooh (4850m).
Mt. Damavand

Takhte Soleiman massif

You can find a lot of areas for off-pist skiing around the resort.
off-pist skiing

Ski season in Dizin is usually from mid November to mid May. Also from late June till late September, you can do grass skiing in Dizin.

Getting There

There are 2 ways to go to Dizin. The short way is only 65km from north-eastern Tehran. You need to take the road going to Fasham. From Fasham square take the road to your left. This will take you to Shemshak. From Shemshak take the Shemshak-Dizin road taking you to the upper parking area of Dizin ski resort. Shemshak-Dizin road is 14km long.

The other way to go to Dizin is about 120km from western Tehran. You need to take Tehran-Karaj Freeway. From Karaj, take Chaloos road. As soon as you pass the village of Gachsar there is a road to your right which takes you to Dizin ski resort.

Red Tape

Add Red Tape text here.

Camping

Add Camping text here.

External Links

Add External Links text here.