East Gully

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.85820°N / 119.861°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

From the Carson Valley, this route provides 6,000 feet of elevation gain in a relatively direct line and avoids the Manzanita nastiness of Jobs Canyon.

Getting There

Begin at the Faye-Luther Trailhead, off NV 206, 1.7 miles from NV 88. The trailhead has ample parking. From Carson City, head S on 395, bearing R onto 88 in Minden, and continue S to 206, also signed Fairview Drive. Turn R, and 1.7 miles to the well-signed TH.

Route Description

From the TH, take the first right signed for Jobs Peak Ranch .3 miles. After another .3 miles pass another junction, and go another 30 yards and look for a small cairn or faint tread, heading up the hill. Head up boot path and cairns into the E Gully. This sandy boot path persists almost half way up the gully, but the route becomes fairly obvious. In the spring, snow will be encountered about half way, which will melt away come summer. The gully tops out a few hundred feet S of Jobs easternmost point. Scramble to this point then follow the E Ridge to Jobs summit slopes.

Essential Gear

In winter, skis or snow shoes. Trail shoes or boots recommended. Gaitors and trekking poles advisable.

External Links

Faye-Luther Trail Map

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Jobs PeakRoutes