Free and Easy

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.02873°N / 119.3847°W
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.7 (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 5
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Route Description

"Free and Easy" begins on the extreme right of the wall containing "Hang 'em High" and "Balls."

Pitch 1: Ascend the hand crack splitting a large 30' flake/boulder, which leans up against the lower right corner of the wall. Climb up past broken cracks to a ledge and set a gear belay (nuts/cams to 1.5").

Pitch 2: Continue up left facing corners to the top of a large left leaning ramp. Follow finger crack, heading left up ramp, to two bolts and belay.

Pitch 3: Follow three bolts continuing up ramp. Follow hand crack below roof to a single bolt and gear belay.

Pitch 4: Continue up hand crack towards roof at end. Transition out over roof and face climb up two large ledges (40') to a two bolt belay.

Pitch 5 Traverse to left from bolts and follow fourth class ramp up and right to the top.

Gear

Nuts/Cams to 2"
11 Trad Draws
60m rope




Table of Contents
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.