Taking A Bath With Strangers

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.03010°N / 119.3814°W
Additional Information Route Type: Technical Rock Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.8+
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The best approach to all climbs from the base of Tollhouse Rock is to use the PG&E dirt service road (as described on the main Tollhouse page). Descend to the base of Tollhouse Rock using the descent trail (3rd class at best). As the trail bends to the right (at the base) skirt the base of the rock to the left end of the first open slab. At the very left end of this slab (Sunday Slab aka Spencer's Slab), next to a dirty and vegetated gully, is the start of 'Taking A Bath With Strangers'.

Route Description


Put up by Dave Daly and Roger Hayashi (March 1997), the entire route (120') is very straight forward and follows a line of bolts next to the edge of a right facing corner, to a 2-bolt belay (fat Metolius rap hangers). One can either walk off (4th class) to the right and reaccess the decent trail or trail a rope and rap down. The crux of the route is getting to the first bolt (5.8/5.9). It's all about "friction"!

Essential Gear


- (1) 60 meter ropes (2 ropes optional for rappelling the route)
- (9) quickdraws

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.