Galena-LSG Traverse

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 34.06688°N / 116.86432°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The eastern part of Yucaipa Ridge is infrequently traveled for good reason. The traverse between Galena and Little San Gorgonio is filled with adventure - a very rocky, brush-filled ridge with steep drop offs to the north.



Getting There

The traverse can be done east-west or west-east with Galena and LSG as endpoints. Please look at their respective route pages for descriptions.

Along the ridgeline


Route Description

From Little San Gorgonio, just follow the ridge east, and vice versa from Galena. You will not be able (nor want) to stay directly on top of the ridge the entire time due to cliffs and brush, so you will need to descend to the south side at many points.

At some portions you way a really faint use-trail or footprints but do not expect much.

Galena - Little San Gorgonio Traverse at EveryTrail

Essential Gear

A helmet is always a safe bet, but not absolutely needed. Protective clothing from brush will ease the pain.

Steep Dropoffs into Mill Creek

External Links

Original Hike Trip Report

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.