Ghiacciao del Laveciau

Ghiacciao del Laveciau

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.51960°N / 7.26810°E
Additional Information Route Type: Glacier Climb
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: PD-
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Pont Valsavarenche (Val d'Aosta, Italy, 2000 m) to Refuge Vittorio Emanuele (2732 m, 2,5 h). Path well signal and tourist.

Route Description


From refuge take the path between the rock that carrys pour northerly to moraine of the Gran Paradiso glacier.

Arrivals to stream the you fords and you climbs for the moraine leaving in low the path that carrys to normal route.

Follow the easy rock in direction est until to rates 3' 200 meters where you meets the glacier of the Lavenciau.One easy plates of II degree descends on the glacier quite under the northerly wall of the Gran Paradiso.
Now needs climb cross the glacier in south direction maintaining the left for the danger of crevasses.

The slope is steep ( 35 ° / 40 °) until to rates 3' 600 meters ( Schiena d' Asino) where we you unites to normal route that you climbs from the Gran Paradiso glacier.

Form this aim the route becomes the like the normal route until the peak.

The route very good above all to end season or in season poor of snow and in descent in case of overcrowding of the normal route.
.

Essential Gear


Crampons, ice axe and rope. Some protection may be needed for the last climb to the summit.
Best period to climb is June-september depending by the snow situation.
To sleep at Vittorio Emanuele hutte, better reserve almost 2-3 week before.
Leave the refuge early (4h - 5h) to reach the summit at 9h-10h.


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
gasgenova

gasgenova - Feb 18, 2004 2:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

The normal route from Lavesciau glacier start to rif. Chabot and don't rif. V. Emanuele...

Ario

Ario - Mar 11, 2006 3:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Refugio Chabot

Salve Enrico! What about also mentioning Ref Chabot, isn't it the usual and more convenient start for this route ? Grazie

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.