Gondogoro Glacier, Karakoram, Pakistan

Gondogoro Glacier, Karakoram, Pakistan

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 35.28000°N / 76.45000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering, Sport Climbing, Ice Climbing, Big Wall, Mixed, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A few days
Additional Information Difficulty: tough
Sign the Climber's Log

Gondogoro Glacier, Karakoram, Pakistan

Gondogoro Glacier Gondogoro Glacier
Gondogoro Glacier is located towards the North of Hushe Valley of Gilgit Baltistan. A practically tough route of 6-7 days leading over the Gondogoro Glacier. From Skardu, a jeep road now goes right up to Hushe Village This area is located in specified restricted zone and trekking permit and permission from Ministry of Tourism, Islamabad is required. The best season for this route is from the month of May to End of September each year. From Hushe village (3250m), the trail continues northwards, takes an easterly curve and, turning north again ascends the Gondogoro Glacier. Gondogoro glacier is base camp for several peaks rising on the both side of the glacier can be thus reached. Famous Gondogoro Pass (5580m) is located on the north enclosing ridge of Gondogoro glacier, and by crossing this pass the Baltoro Glacier can be reached at Ali Campsite near Concordia.

Getting There

Skardu TownSkardu Town
Skardu can be reached from Islamabad by air or by road. Pakistan International Airlines operates a daily flight for Islamabad-Skardu-Islamabad, subject to clear weather condition. For By road travel, find a Public Transport, bus/van or hire a private van/bus/jeep of car from Islamabad. The Public transport vehicle are available from Rawalpindi Bus stand, there are many transport companies who are operating bus/van/coaches from Rawalpindi to Skardu via Karakoram Highway. While traveling on Karakoram highway in a Bus, Car or van one can enjoy the spectacular mountain scenery of great mountains of Nanga Parbat, Haramosh and many other peaks. From Skardu, one car hire a private jeep for Hushe village.

Route Description

Ali Camp Near Gondogoro PassAli Camp
A practically tough route of 6-7 days leading over the Gondogoro Glacier.
From Hushe village (3250m), the trail continues northwards, takes an easterly curve and, turning north again ascends the Gondogoro Glacier. Gondogoro glacier is base camp for several peaks rising on the both side of the glacier can be thus reached. Famous Gondogoro Pass (5580m) is located on the north enclosing ridge of Gondogoro glacier, and by crossing this pass the Baltoro Glacier can be reached at Ali Campsite near Concordia.




Essential Gear

Basis Mountaineering & Trekking gears are required for Gondogoro glacier route. For Crossing the high pass of Gondogoro, one can require, Ice-x, crampons, ropes etc.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.