High Pass of Gondogoro (5585m), Karakoram, Pakistan

High Pass of Gondogoro (5585m), Karakoram, Pakistan

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Informational

High Pass of Gondogoro (5585-m), Karakoram, Pakistan

Baltoro Glacier trek has been described one of the best trek in the world. The trek starts from the village of Askole and walking along the Baltoro Glacier to reach Concordia. Concordia is the heart of Karakoram Range, and center of a complex of some of the world highest peaks and many of the largest glaciers. On every side, within radius of 24 kms, rise up ten of the world’s thirty highest peaks, including, K2, Broad Peak, and Masherbrum peaks. Crossing the high pass of Gondogoro can be enter the other side of Karakoram in Hushe vally. At the top of the Pass one can view the beautiful and amazing views of K2, Broad Peak, Gasherbrum Peaks and beautiful laila Peaks.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Ivona

Ivona - Jan 17, 2008 2:54 pm - Voted 10/10

it has to be

really amazing to reach Concordia and see all these summits surrounding me..
beautiful album!
greetings from Poland!
Iwona

Afzal

Afzal - Jan 17, 2008 3:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: it has to be

You are welcome to my beautiful country. This album and my other photos at SP is my humble effort to guide people through what we Pakistanis call, "Heaven on Earth" From the extreme lush greenery of our northern areas, through the bold serenity of the thar desert, to the stark presence of our mountainous terrain, Pakistan leaves you breathless through my albums. Thank you very much for looking at my photos and your valuable votes.
Best wishes from Pakistan! Afzal

Ivona

Ivona - Jan 17, 2008 3:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: it has to be

so perhaps someday I will ask for your guide's skills;)because I'm thinking about Nepal..or perhaps Pakistan!
keep on adding your beautiful photos,they let me dream about these all wonderful areas!

Afzal

Afzal - Jan 18, 2008 1:45 am - Hasn't voted

Re: it has to be

Thank you very much. I personaly invite you to come, explore Pakistan with me, and I promise you a journey of lifetime to see Pakistan's most incredible places and friendly faces. Pakistan is a globe of attraction which need to be discovered. It has the most attractive parts, eye-catching landscapes, astounding dawn to spectacular dusk, striking seasons, stunning mountains & harmony of religions. Pakistan has five of the 14 highest mountain peaks in the world and there are tremendous opportunities for trekking, mountaineering and many other adventure sports.
Best regards from Pakistan, Afzal

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Jan 17, 2008 4:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Great album!

Remarkably beautiful pictures from a truly captivating area. Thanks for putting that album together.

Afzal

Afzal - Jan 18, 2008 1:47 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great album!

Thank you very much for your nice and valuable comments to my album.
Best regards, Afzal

kamil

kamil - Jan 18, 2008 3:55 pm - Voted 10/10

truly amazing mountains

and beautifully captured on your photos
cheers,
kamil

Afzal

Afzal - Jan 19, 2008 1:19 am - Hasn't voted

Re: truly amazing mountains

Thank you very much.
Best regards, Afzal

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Nov 20, 2008 4:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Another beautiful album

I am never surprised but always very impressed. As you call your mountains, they are heaven on earth and you live in that heaven.
Best Regards,
Marc

Afzal

Afzal - Nov 21, 2008 2:26 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Another beautiful album

Thank you very much for your kind comments on my album and on my homeland.
Best regards, Afzal

Viewing: 1-10 of 10