<i>Flowers and Towers</i>

Flowers and Towers

This is a desert-related photo. If you're intent on just looking at snow-capped mountains, remember that YOU control the horizontal and the verticle. It's hard to have a snow-capped mountain in central AZ, when its 99 degrees (F) outside. Actually, this photo was taken in the foothills of central AZ's Mazatzal Mountains on April 16, 2008. (The elevation where this photo was taken is approximately 670 meters.) In addition to a desert shrub called Jojoba with "beans" that are edible, Saguaro and Brittle bush often grow in association with Leatherstem, Ironwood, False-mesquite, Ocotillo, Littleleaf paloverde, Catclaw acacia, Desert hackberry, Wolfberry, Cholla and Yucca. Lightning storms occur with regularity during the "monsoon season" in July and August. These storms frequently cause flash flooding. During the winter months, it has been known to snow at the elevation where this photo was taken. Accumulations of snow are frequently found above the 6,000 ft. level of AZ's Mazatzal Mountains in winter.
lcarreau
on Jun 17, 2008 8:41 pm
Image Type(s): Hiking,  Flora,  Informational,  Scenery
Image ID: 413344

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Dean

Dean - Jun 17, 2008 10:02 pm - Voted 10/10

I remember that

outstanding scenery on about that date as we headed from Browns Peak to have din din in Payson. (Chili's was good food).

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jun 17, 2008 10:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I remember that

By golly, Dean! You just made me hungry
for a steak dinner with all the trimmings.
Please enjoy your PAC NW trip! Take care,
and have a nice evening!

Dean

Dean - Jun 17, 2008 11:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: I remember that

Well, we're not going to Baker, that'll be later when the weather up there improves. Dennis and I are heading for the Calif / Nev area to pick up some stuff around there. I could use a good steak though.....

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jun 18, 2008 12:34 am - Hasn't voted

Re: I remember that

Do you like yours with A-1 Sauce?? Tobasco
sauce or ketchup with that, sir?

I'll be expecting plenty of high quality
images & TRs from you guys. Have fun!!!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4