Invisible Nebulie

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 36.78400°N / 118.583°W
Additional Information Route Type: big wall climb
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: V, 5.10, A4
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From the end of the Hwy 180, follow the trail west along the Kings River to the bridge crossing below the Grand Sentinel. Wander up talus and into the gully that runs under the North Face ( the D. O. A. gully ). See approach topo.

Route Description


Several hundred feet uphill from the Cosmopolis Route ( almost at the Northeast Buttress ) is a wide steep ramp leading up and right. Follow the ramp for 4 pitches of mostly easy 5th class climbing to its end. Pitch 5 is the crux - difficult free climbing leads to akward difficult nailing through an double overhang to a thin seam ( A4 ) which is followed right to a bush. Mixed free and aid lead futher right to a pendulum right to a corner. 2 free pitches lead to the top. See topo ( in photo section ).

Essential Gear


6 - 8 knifeblades ( 1/2 shortys ), 8 lost arrows, 4 - 6 bugaboos, 3 each 1/2" - 1" angles, 1 each 1 1/4" - 1 1/2" angles, 1 set Friends (extra # 1 1/2 & # 2 ), 12 stoppers # 4 - 12, 1 each bathook, skyhook & leeper flatnose ( 1985 rack ). I am clueless if this route has seen a 2nd ascent or not. For current information, see the Cedar Grove Ranger Station.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.