Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.70033°N / 111.44979°W
Additional Information County: Sevier
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring
Additional Information Elevation: 9540 ft / 2908 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

A less well-known peak in the northeastern portion of the Fish Lake Region overlooking the deserts to the east. This is prime big game country with aspen groves, open meadows, and pine forests. This peak offers great views of Central Utah from the Wasatch Plateau to the north, San Rafael Swell to the east, Boulder Mountain to the south, and Fish Lake Mountains to the west.

Getting There

From the Ivie Creek Rest and Picnic Area on I-70, travel along the frontage road on the south side of I-70 for 1.1 miles. Turn south onto Forest Road 016 and drive on the dirt road for 4.3 miles. Turn left onto Forest Road 217, which is considerably more rough. 4WD with a little clearance recommended through this section for 0.5 miles.

Route

From a convenient pull off (not many along the last 0.5 miles of the road), simply walk uphill avoiding the aspen groves to the summit. 

Round-trip Distance: 1.2 miles

Elevation Gain: 667 feet

Red Tape

The peak is on US Forest Service land. No permits needed. Please practice Leave No Trace ethics.

When to Climb

Year-round. Snowshoes or backcountry ski setup recommended in winter.

Camping

There are several pullouts for primitive camping in the area. No campgrounds for many miles, however.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Fishlake WildernessMountains & Rocks