Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.70202°N / 111.72594°W
Additional Information County: Sevier
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 10770 ft / 3283 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Lost Creek Peak is the highest point along the ridge line overlooking Lost Creek Reservoir. It has approximately 1600 feet of prominence above Daniels Pass that separates it from the higher Fishlake Mountain to the south-southeast. Views at the top are breathtaking with the steep precipice on the north side and the long gently sloped south side extending into the high valley between Fishlake Mountain and Boobe Hole Mountain.

Getting There

From Salina, take I-70 east 8.8 miles to exit 63 and drive south on Gooseberry Road 28 miles. It technically turns into F S 038 then FR640, but is paved the whole way. Turn west onto FR056 toward Lost Creek Reservoir then take a left at 0.4 miles onto FR350 for 1.2 miles. At the fork, take a hard right to stay on FR350 and drive 2 miles (from here on, 4WD with high clearance is recommended). Once over Daniels Pass, take the right at the fork to get onto FR391. Do not take the steep 4WD road up the hill but stay on the more moderate road that traverses this area. Continue on FR319 for 1.7 miles.

Route

From a convenient parking spot, simply walk uphill to the north until the highest point is attained.

Round trip Distance: 0.5  Elevation Gain: 150 feet

Red Tape

No permits, reservations. Please practice "Leave No Trace" ethics. 

When to Climb

Year-round but accessibility is best in the summer and fall. Prepare for snow slog in the winter and spring.

Camping

There are several primitive campsites along the dirt road on the approach.

Nearby camping areas include:

Frying Pan Campground

Tasha Equestrian Campground

Bowery Creek Campground

Mackinaw Campground

Doctor Creek Campground

Gooseberry Campground

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Fishlake WildernessMountains & Rocks