Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 36.56598°N / 50.75896°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 9843 ft / 3000 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview


Teraj-e-Sera




Introduction to Central Alborz Mountains


In the northern ridgeline of Siyalan Kangarchal is the second peak from north. It is located between Chaleki(3000m) and Yaan(3550).
I haven't seen any map showing Kangarchal yet.
Just like Chaleki this peak can be climbed in one day in summer by a good team but in winter it may even become impossible to climb!
As shown in the photo the way is same with Chaleki untill getting on the saddle and then instead of going north you should go south for summiting Kangarchal.

Getting There

See Chaleki page.

Red Tape

There are no red tapes in the area, And no fees.









Camping

Kangarchal summit



Like Chaleki you can use Daryasar beautiful plane and Teraj-e-Sera for camping while climbing Kangarchal.




The route

From Daryasar to Teraj-e-Sera the route goes in the middle of a great jungle. from there as you can see there will be a few trees up to 200 meters higher and then just a few bushes.







When To Climb

Summer and late spring are the easiest times, while up to Teraj-e-Sera there are a few water springs on the route. Winter is completely different and I will write much more about it's conditions in the trip report.