Koloon-Bastak West route

Koloon-Bastak West route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 36.05310°N / 51.46730°E
Additional Information Route Type: Snow/ice/Technical Rock Climb
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: class 5
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


(See the page)
Use the Tehran - Karaj - DownDizin road
or the Tehran - Shemshak - UpDizin - DownDizin (can be used just at summer meteres of snow and avalanches othertimes instead of the road) road.
Reach Dizin ski resort Lower parking (about 2400m)

Route Description


* This route is hard so see this link before attempting and get more details (The language is of the page is Persian): http://www.mountainzone.ir/Logs/westkoloonfa.htm
* The west face of Kooloon-bastak is so steep and rocky and at winter huge avalanches hits on it you can even see them while sking on Dizin, but the right west route is safe.
* The weather is unstable and stormy at winter.

Day 1 :
1- Get walk by Velayat roud river toward base of west face, you have to find a good place to pass the river (the river is a killer at spring time). [about 4 hours].
2- From Dizin valley a steep slope reaches 3500m [about 3 hours].
3- Camp !

Day 2 :
1- Big wall (100m~150m) by the rocky west flank (add ice to it at winter)
2- Climb up until the route joins the north-west route and reach the summit.
3- Climb down on the south route [about 3~4 hours].

Essential Gear


Ropes and technical gears for rock climbing is required.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.