La Besurta-collado Sup.Alba (normal)

La Besurta-collado Sup.Alba (normal)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.65398°N / 0.62447°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.2 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: I+ (F+)
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Diente de Alba (3136m)East ridge

This is the easiest route across the collado superior de Alba and the East ridge of Diente de Alba and West approach to peaks of Maladetas Occidentales.

Time to summit: 4h
Slope: 1200m

Getting There

See the main paga to approach to La Besurta

Route Description

We'll begin surrounded with a lot of people in direction to Aneto across La Renclusa and the first path is the same to all. After 45 minutes we'll arrive to the Refuge de La Renclusa (2140m). In this point we'll leave the path of Aneto (left side under the ridge of Portillones) walking to right to the first hill with some trees to reach the Ibon (lake) de la Renclusa (2300m). In the lake we'll follow in west direction to the collado de Paderna, a evident col between the Pico Paderna (2622m) and the ridge North of Pico de Alba with the Tuca Blanca de Paderna (2847m).
We'll leave the route to Pico de Alba in this point turning to left (South) across a spun and a wide channel (the "tubos de Paderna") following some cairns. We'll see in the left side of Diente de Alba the col, it's the collado superior de Alba (3080m). The ramp to the col have a lot of stones but it's easy. In winter or early in the season with snow it have 30º or 35º in the last meters before the col.

Diente de Alba
In the col we'll turn to right and generally the best option is to climb in first time the peak Muela de Alba (3118m) with a ridge of blocks of grade I (easy). The great block of the summit of Muela de Alba (3120m) have a exposed climb of II-.
Descending from Muela de Alba to a gap we'll climb the easy ridge (F.) to the summit of Diente de Alba (3136m).

Maladetas Occidentales
I'll write the routes of each peak in the page of this peaks: Maladetas Occidentales. Probably you want to climb some of it before to descent to la Renclusa.

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe in winter or early on the season (spring). On summer the snow generally don't reamin in the route.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.