Mir and Delmás

Mir and Delmás

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.65151°N / 0.62940°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.3 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: F. and P.D.inf.
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The route of Pico Mir begin in the Collado Superior de Alba, see the page of the route to reach this point. The most usual route to reach it's from the trailhead of La Besurta across the Refugio de la Renclusa.


Getting There

See the main page of Maladetas Occidentales.

Route Description

The peak Mir or Tercera Maladeta Occidental is climbed normally from the collado superior de Alba (3080m).
In the col we'll turn to left to get the bottom of the ridge N.W. of Pico Mir. In right side of the ridge we'll climb some repises of rock (F.) always near of the edge but never over the edge in the first section. In the upper part we'll climb a little chimney to reach the edge in a shoulder. We'll follow over the blocks of rock to reach the summit North of Pico Mir (3184m). The main summit of Pico Mir (3185m) is near but it exist a wall of IV- to reach it and it’s not necessary in my opinion to climb it.

The Punta Delmás (3148m) is climbed normally from the Pico Mir, but it exists another hardest route from the North. The best approach to Punta Delmás is visible in the point that's reached the shoulder of the ridge of Pico Mir. We'll descent to left side across a spun with two points of rock climb grade II-. We'll walked across the little col with Punta Delmás to walk on the left side of the ridge to get the bottom of the last short rock climb of I+ to the summit.

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe early on the season (spring: may, june).
Nothing special on summer.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.