Sayó and Cordier

Sayó and Cordier

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.64922°N / 0.63346°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.1 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The normal route of the peaks goes from collado Cordier.

Getting There

The shorter route to reach collado Cordier is across Collado superior de Alba from La Renclusa: see route.

Route Description

Routes to Mir and Sayó

Sayó (3.220m)
Summit of Pico Sayó
Le Bondidier (3146m)

We walk from collado superior de Alba descending a little bit to left side in direction to the slopes of Mir and sayó searching after that the entry to collado Cordier, the evident crosspath between Sayó and Le Bondidier. In the col we trun to left to walk on the rocks in the wide South spun of Sayó reaching without problems the summit of Pico Sayó.

We descent a little to left side to walk on the scree to reach the col with Pico Cordier walking over a ot of big stones to reach the shoulder of the peak. We must walk 200m of the long wide ridge to reach the summit of Pico Cordier.

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice axe in early Spring for the entry of Collado Sup. de Alba. The rope is generally not necessary because the rock is good to climb.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.