Viewing: 1-20 of 33
12
hgrapid

hgrapid - Apr 13, 2005 4:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another nice page, however, once again you failed to put it in the Western Hemisphere.



If I were you, I would double-check all your recent Spanish pages that are Western, to make sure they are in the Western Hemisphere.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Apr 13, 2005 4:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

The good thing about SP is that there is always someone who will point out the errors while I'm still submitting. Thanks! This time I was sure I had the "-" in place.

William Marler

William Marler - Apr 13, 2005 4:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

excellent work. Cheers William

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Apr 13, 2005 4:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Gracias Walter!

desainme

desainme - Apr 13, 2005 5:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Cilindro de Marboré is pretty close to the prime meridian. It is fitting that the prime meridian of the earth (sphere) should pass through the cylinder! Looks like you had a fine vacation back in February checking out the recent and swarthy real estate. Nice page with good pix.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Apr 13, 2005 5:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I agree about sphere and cyilinder. But shouldn't the cylinder be at one of the poles? Or the equator? Spain seems like an unlikely place. On the other hand I'm sure that in the 18th and 19th century freemasons and Rosenkreuz Knights (not to mention the Johannites and German Knights) would have liked the idea about the cylinder near Santiago de Compostella. Probably there were theories about this back then.



Did you read Umberto Eco's "Foulcault's Pendulum"? You should! Though, honestly, "The Island of the Day Before" suits my physicist's mind better :-)

desainme

desainme - Apr 13, 2005 5:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the reading suggestions. Its been quite a while but I did enjoy the book Longitude by Dava Sobel. I was compelled to read it cover to cover at one sitting.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Apr 13, 2005 5:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Marcelo! Your pages are pretty good also and you will see that over time it gets easier and easier. You can copy from your own pages. Getting there and Weather Conditions are always similar, so that you can concentrate on the overview and whatever might also be interesting. With La Palma this is easy - volcanoes are very interesting anyway and with this "destruction theory" that everybody heard about you don't even have to think.



One of these days I'll have to do a page like this one again :-)))

Klenke

Klenke - Apr 13, 2005 6:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Montaña del Fraile, Cratér del Duraznero

Is that a peak name or a sentence?



Looks a lot like Mountains of the Moon Nat'l Monument in Idaho.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Apr 13, 2005 6:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Is that a peak name or a sentence?



That's a phrase for my own book :-)



The problem is that the mountain is the Montana (blast that stupid thing above the n) but everybody is talking about the crater. Since we're here at summitpost I felt like giving that Monta(insert funky character here)a the top spot.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Apr 13, 2005 6:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Gracias Tim!!

IdahoKid

IdahoKid - Apr 13, 2005 7:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Gangolf, you have to stop, you put my pages to shame!! This is excellent!



And this area does strike a resembelance to Craters of the Moon National Monument near where I am from, later hopefully some one will make a page of it (it may be me) so you can get a glimpse of the similarities.

Sean

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Apr 14, 2005 2:41 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Sean! I think that your pages don't lag that far behind (if they do). But I have been doing this (posting to SP) a year longer than you have. It's some kind of routine now ;-)

Corax

Corax - Apr 13, 2005 8:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

You scared me there!

I just started to work on a page about an Andean peak called El Fraile and first I thought you had beaten me with a day or two.

:-)



Found another interesting page, with the usual great photos intstead.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Apr 14, 2005 2:38 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Seems to be a common name. here and here is another one.



Thanks for the vote!

wildstar

wildstar - Apr 13, 2005 11:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very well done. The pages look great.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Apr 14, 2005 2:38 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks wildstar!!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Apr 14, 2005 4:24 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Grazie!!!

Johan Heersink

Johan Heersink - Apr 14, 2005 5:06 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good one again!

Antonio Giani

Antonio Giani - Apr 14, 2005 10:59 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Bravo Gangolf, la tua produzione è di ottima qualità!



Cioa Antonio

Viewing: 1-20 of 33
12
Return to 'Montaña del Fraile / Duraznero' main page