Mount Powell Comments

vvujisicUntitled Comment

vvujisic

Nice beginning of this page! Please, put more text and some good photos, if you have it. After that, Mount Powell page will be much better.

Zdrastvuj!
Posted May 25, 2005 10:05 am

Dmitry PrussUntitled Comment

Dmitry Pruss

Privet :)

I could only upload so many pictures between the other things to do, and in the msg board I got the answer that I wanna upload the sucky ones first. Just so that they don't stay up on the top of pages.

So the better shots may have to wait till tomorrow...
Posted May 25, 2005 10:55 am

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Nice page. I may be adding a route page from Blanchard when I get my photos scanned.

I'll add a link to this page on the Peak List.

I didn't vote on them, but I would loose the restaraunt/hotel pics.
Posted May 25, 2005 12:18 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Nice page!

-Britt
Posted May 26, 2005 10:07 am

CoraxUntitled Comment

Corax

Good one!
Posted May 26, 2005 11:32 am

mountaingazelleUntitled Comment

mountaingazelle

Good job on your first mountain page, Dmitry

- Melinda
Posted May 30, 2005 9:41 pm

Dmitry PrussUntitled Comment

Dmitry Pruss

Thanks!

Nice username you've got, fits pretty well :)
Posted May 31, 2005 11:30 am

SaintgrizzlyUntitled Comment

Saintgrizzly

Sorry for the low vote, but this page comes across as photographically one of the worst pages imaginable of an absolutely beautiful area. The problem, for me, is simply that, with a couple (nice) exceptions, all too often I had to look around and through people to see what the image, in theory, was all about--in several instances I wasn't sure the picture was taken to show the Mount Powell area, or whether it was taken to show us your friends. Personally, I'm not interested in the people unless it puts the rest of the image in some kind of context or sets a scale, or has to do with a climbing route or move. My feeling (and it may be only my feeling; for some reason completely eluding me everyone else so far has voted 4 stars) is if you value the friendship shared on climbs take two pictures of a scene: one with comrades for your personal photo album, then an identical shot free of people, with just the vista before you, this for the rest of us. And the "off topic" pictures submitted are just silly; maybe put on the page for no better reason than to see what kind of response they'd provoke.

You could have put up a wonderful presentation for SP, but instead for some reason chose to visually junk the area.
Posted May 31, 2005 2:52 pm

Dmitry PrussUntitled Comment

Dmitry Pruss

Let me disagree, SG.

Firstly, I think that the author and the website are in an informal, mutually beneficial arrangement. I.e. for putting together useful info and links, I as an author expect to get certain leeway in advancing my own tastes and agendas. Your hits and votes are always appreciated but you mentorly tone is largely wasted.

Secondly, about tastes. I really don't like pictures without friends. If I don't have human companions, then I take care to put my pooch into the photo:

:))