Mount Saint Catherine

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 12.17573°N / 61.67022°W
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Sport Climbing, Mixed, Canyoneering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 2760 ft / 841 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the tallest peak on the island of Grenada in the southern Caribbean Sea. It's a very wet and muddy hike, but there are great views from the top when it's not covered in clouds. 

Getting There

Drive to the town of Victoria and go inland towards the Diamond Chocolate Factory. The road maps might be confusing, but if the road forks, go to the right. Once you pass the water processing plant, follow the road up to the left and park right after an abandoned cement house beneath a Golden Apple Tree with shoes hanging from it. Walk up the dirt road to the left and once it ends, follow the path to the top which is marked by yellow and red ties in trees. 

Route

Follow red and yellow ties in trees. It's very easy to lose the path, so a guide might be recommended. There are arrows carved into some trees and a machete might be needed to cut through some growth.

Red Tape

A nice thing about the Caribbean is that there is none. Personal safety may be an issue, so a weapon would be recommended. 

When to Climb

April is towards the end of the dry season, so the trail may be the least muddy, but it will always be muddy.

Camping

Not recommended. 

External Links

Photo Album of the Hike to the top of Mount Saint Catherine



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.