Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 36.52333°N / 118.23800°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Sep 13, 2011
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Fall

Mt Langley, Old Army

Never Forget
First time up Mt Langley. Over all good trip. Drove up to Horseshoe Camp on Monday. Spent the night and headed for the lakes. We got a late start and did not leave the Horseshoe Camp until after 9:00. Three of us in the group (Dad, Brother and me) but only me and my brother planed on summiting due to a recent surgery my dad had. About 4 miles in Dad turned back (to soon leg started hurting). At this point weather wasn’t good with snow and rain on the hike in. Me and my brother went on and got to Cottonwood Lakes basin at around 12:00. We now had clear skies and decided to drop camp gear and go for the top that day. We went up Old Army Pass and then straight to the south face. My brother decided he was done at about 13300 feet. I scrambled up the last bit of the south face to summit at around 1630. Summit was covered in snow, but still no need for crampons and ice axe. I signed the summit book in memory of 9-11-2001 (see pictures). Back down the face and meet up with my brother. Clouds were moving in and sun was setting. We went down Old Army with head lamps and back to camp at the lakes. Camped at the lakes and walked out the next day.

Comments

No comments posted yet.