Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Sep 18, 2008
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Fall

Introduction

Rogers View
A few months ago my family and I visited Mt. Rogers, again. I must say that this time was probably the best time, it was absolutely amazing. The amount of blackberries and blueberries was infinite. All along the trails the blackberries grew. It was quite an amazing and yummy sight.

Day 1

[img::alignright:small:]
Blueberries
This was a backpacking trip, so we set out at about 2 in the afternoon. There was no rush, our first campsite was close. It was a beautiful hike the first day; there were no clouds, and no rain. Our camp was grassy, all around there were blueberry bushes along with blackberry bushes. You could pick all day and still there were everywhere.

Day 2

Young Pony
The second day we hiked for much longer. We got a little bit lost in one of the parts and had to go through the woods with no trail. Eventually, though, we came out on the trail again. On the second day there were many of the wild ponies that live in Mt. Rogers. They were everywhere, in the middle of the trails too. Our second camp was on a large field near the established camp sites off the main Mt. Rogers peak. We set up camp, left our backpacks and went off to the Mt. Rogers Peak. It was a short hike from our camp and when we came back there was still plenty of daylight left.

Resolution

Blackberries
It was a relaxing trip with no rush, we had all the time we wanted, the hikes seemed so short even with our heavy packs on. So as we walked along the trails we picked the berries, they were very delicious. All the people there knew that they had come at just the right time, the trees were red and the berries were ripe. There were no storms, just some midnight and morning fog. The low fog gave the mountain a beautiful appearance. After we were done with our hike there was still time to visit the New River. With its many rapids it is a wonderful site as well.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Deltaoperator17

Deltaoperator17 - Jan 11, 2009 9:48 am - Voted 10/10

Very Nice Report

Very nice report young lady. Keep up the adventures, you are doing great!

Steve

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Jan 11, 2009 10:19 am - Voted 10/10

Awesome...

to see young people like yourself loving the mountains. Keep getting to the mountains and posting your stories.

Mark

Wiktoria Plawska

Wiktoria Plawska - Jan 11, 2009 10:59 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome...

Thanks both of you! I love the mountains so much! To bad i have to live in such a humid/hot/no snow/no mountains area. :(
My parents take me on a lot of trips though!

Redwic

Redwic - May 19, 2009 4:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Need to change the attachment...

You have this trip report shown as a "Parent" of Mount Rogers, which you have showing as a "Child" of this trip report.
You need to change that around.
This trip report needs to be the "Child" of the Mount Rogers SP page.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4