Mt Shah Rashid

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 36.56250°N / 50.89416°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 10640 ft / 3243 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

shah 5

Although Shah Rashid is not a high mountain comparing to many other peaks in the region but it still remains one of the most prominanat mountains not only in Tonekabon but also in Takht-e-Soleyman Massif and the mountains near it. This Huge mountain is seperated from the mountains arround like Damavand and Samamous and this is one reason that makes it look much higher than it really is.
While driving beside the caspian see you will be able to see Shah Rashid from kalarabad to Ramsar which is almost a 1 hour drive!
It's told in the local stories taht the holy spirit of the shrine on top of this mountain has relations with the one on Mt Boloor and they sometimes fly together in teh sky, between the two summits.

Getting There

shah 7

You can go to Liresar village from Tonekabon and drive to Falakdeh from there on a dirt road, or Go to Dakooh villages which can be reached both from Nashtarud and Sehezar.
The best and shrtest route would be the one that starts from Falakdeh.
A 3-4 hour hike taks you to Agor sheperd house in the elevation of 2350 and from there another 2 or 3 hours will lead you to the summit.This is all for the summer time. In winter Falakdeh won't probably be reachable by car and even if it is the hike to Agor taks much more time due to deep snow on the forest slopes on the North of Shah Rashid.
shah Rashid can also be climbed from Dakooh or other routes even but the shortest way would still be Falakdeh route.

Red Tape

shah 6

There are no red tapes.

Camping

shah 1
almost everywhere. but the greatest places would probably be Agor sheperd house and Falakdeh.

External Links

shah 4
alot more to read if you can read Persian!!
shah 2

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
hgrapid

hgrapid - Dec 29, 2009 11:18 am - Hasn't voted

Page editing

I think you made a mistake in page editing. Certainly, Iran is a "country" not a "county". Go back to edit page, so this page can be lumped with other pages in Iran. Thanks for your submission.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1