OverviewNelson Butte is a great early to mid-season scramble east of the Cascade Crest.
- Free and can be obtained at the trailhead or just down the trail.- Typical wilderness regulations (12 heart beat limit, no wheeled devices [e.g. bicycles, game carriers], etc).
- For a list of Wenatchee-Okanogan National Forest trailheadsrequiring a Northwest Forest Pass for parking please see their website.
- To avoid checking a U.S. Forest Service website for every trip I recommend oneof two things:
- Buy an annual pass and leave in your glove box so you have iteither way (assuming you are going on more than a couple hikes for the year).
- Park at least 1/4 of a mile from the trailhead (some trailheads havesigns posted just before arriving at the trailhead).