Nostraalm

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.64630°N / 12.84470°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See the main page for the itineraries to the hamlet of Nostra.

Route Description

  • General data
      - Start altitude: 1038m
      - Summit altitude: 2162m
      - Prevailing exposition: S and W
      - Type: 2h over forest roads. 1h over paths
      - Protection: marked
  • Effort: 1100m of altitude gain, 4km distance to the first summit.
  • Power: 1 - no difficulties
  • Psyche: 1 - easy
  • Orientation: 1 - easy

    Head out from Nostra along the road which leads into Wolayer Tal. After some 500m a road turns off to the right (west) which leads into the direction of Nostraalm. You can either follow this road or use a short cutting footpath (north of the road). In the end the road leads to Nostraalm but shortly befor this intermediate destination is reached it does a sharp turn to the west and here the trail leaves the road for good.

    The elevation is some 1620m and now the path crosses the alm southward directly in the direction of Runseck, the northernmost summit of the ridge. At the base of the summit block the path turns eastward to climb the mountain from its south-eastern side. The summit is reached easily and from there on the ridge poses no serious problems. There is a moderately exposed part between Runseck and the next summit to the south, Stallonkofel, but that's about it.

    Essential Gear

    Hiking gear is absolutely sufficient.


  • Parents 

    Parents

    Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.